Re: MySQL Server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MySQL Server
Cc: raj.l@xxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:43:57 -0500
raj dutt wrote:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> Yes, it is definitely possible.
> Two options that I'd look into would be as follows:
>
> 1. Use a shared file system such as NFS
>    so that you won't have any synchronization
>    issues.
> 2. Use mySQL's new replication, and either build
>    it into your application, or use heartbeat to
>    have one database failover.
>
> We've had success with both of these methods.

can you give more details?

in case 1. having a mysqld running on each of
2 realservers, to a single database file has resulted
in corruption

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.0-10.html#ss10.7

we haven't heard of anyone getting case 2 to work.
Can you let us know how you did it?

Thanks Joe