Re: MySQL Server

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MySQL Server
Cc: <raj.l@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:39:25 -0500
Joe --

    Many people have actually gotten choice 2 to work. That whole new
feature to MySQL was to provide for the opportunity to do choice 2. In fact,
database replication exists in about every major database out there for this
particular reason. MySQL isn't special.

    Perhaps the confusion is that choice 2 does not involve LVS at all. The
MySQL service is not load balanced. HOWEVER, it is possible to put some of
your databases on one server and others on another. Replicate each SET of
databases to the OTHER server and only access them from the other server
when needed. (at an application level or at some fail-over level)

    We're doing this right now on some of our systems that have nothing to
do with any of our LVS clusters. We're doing it with MySQL as well as
MS-SQL.

    All the best --
    Ted