Re: Redirection based on location of client.

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Redirection based on location of client.
From: Michael E Brown <michael_e_brown@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:07:40 -0600 (CST)
For this type of application, a DNS-based solution would be appropriate.
Cisco Distributed Director does something of this sort. You give the
"cluster" one DNS Name. That DNS name resolves to the IP of each of your
locations. The cisco box acts as your DNS server, and when a client asks
for name-to-ip lookup, the box hands the client the IP of the server
closest to the client.

I don't know of anybody doing this type of thing on Linux, but it sure
does work well if you have an application that it will work for.

--
Michael Brown
Linux Systems Group