Re: Changing server weights

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Changing server weights
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:48:00 -0400
Bowie Bailey wrote:

> I have a simple question.
>
> If I want to bring a server down for maintenance, I need to change the
> weight to 0 so it will clear all of it's connections.

well actually this doesn't allow any new connections.
People already connected will be able to continue with their sessions
untill they voluntarily disconnect.

> How do I do this?

man ipvsadm

look for the -w (weight) option

when you setup, the default weight is 1, so you'll do something like

ipvsadm -a -t $VIP:$SERVICE -r $REALSERVER:$SERVICE $FORWARDING -w 1

to stop new connections you'll do

ipvsadm -a -t $VIP:$SERVICE -r $REALSERVER:$SERVICE $FORWARDING -w 0

> Also, has anyone else noticed that the html version of the LVS-HOWTO on
> linuxvirtualserver.org is messed up?  It looks like the file got corrupted
> and/or the html is messed up.

the new version was uploaded a few minutes ago. You must have stepped
in in the middle of the upload. It is OK at my end.