Platform Recommendation

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Platform Recommendation
From: Malcolm Cowe <malcolm_cowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:01:51 +0100
I'm going to be experimenting with various Linux HA configurations, LVS
being one of them, and would like to know what platform existing users
recommend for deployment. We will likely stick with Red Hat as our
vendor unless there are compelling reasons to switch to maybe Debian. So
we are stuck between trying out the new with Red Hat 7.1, or sticking
with Red Hat 6.2 (with all the updates applied!). RH 7.0 is a no go as
far as I am concerned.

So, I guess the real choice is between the 2.4 kernel and the 2.2
series. Which is currently the more stable platform, and which is likely
to give me the least headache?

Regards,

--
Malcolm Cowe.