Re: LVS and NFS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS and NFS
From: "Don Hinshaw" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 01:38:47 -0000
Greg Cope <gjjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Don Hinshaw wrote:
> >

> > Well, there's how I do it. I've tried damned near every combination of GPL
> > software available over about the last 2 years to finally arrive at my
> > current setup. Now if I could just load balance MySQL...
>
> Well this is OT - but in context, MySQL connections / data transfere
> work much faster (20% ish) when on local host - so how about running
> mysql on each host, which is a select only system, and each localhost
> uses replication to a mster DB that is used for inserts and updates ?
>
> Just a thought !
>
> Greg

Ultimately I think I'll have to. After I get done rebuilding the system to
use kernel 2.4 and LVS and everything is stabilized, then I'll be looking
very hard at just this sort of thing.

/me watches learning curve go vertical yet again

-=dwh=-

http://www.OpenRecording.com For musicians by musicians.
Now with free Web-Based email too!