Re: ldirectord [Was Re: other algorithms?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord [Was Re: other algorithms?
Cc: "Rief, Jacob" <Jacob.Rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:29:34 +1000
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 09:10:23PM +0200, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

>   > "Andreas J. Koenig" wrote:
>  >>
>  >> >>>>> On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:21:34 -0500, Paul Baker
> <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>  >>
>  >> > Is ldirectord developed by the lvs guys? or the heartbeat guys? It is
>  >> > distributed in both packages.
>  >>
>  >> By the heartbeat guys.
>  >>
>  >> I'd rather it would not be distributed in two places.
>   >   ^
>
>   > In the HOWTO I've been crediting Jacob Reif as the author and giving
>   > the cvs location as the official source. Just so I have it correct,
>   > who is the official author and what's the official location for the
>   > sources.
>
> As noone seems to respond, I'll lift the mystery.... Jacob and Horms
> are checking in with the same frequency, original author is Jacob
> according to a note in the source. CVS address is easy to find at

Sorry for the silence, my net access is sporadic at best at the moment.
Jacob is the original author of this code and he and I are currently the
co-authors. We only maintain the code that is in the linux-ha CVS tree.
This is the location of the sources. This is included in releases of
hearbeat, so the code that is released in conjunction with heartbest should
be up to dat.

I'd like to see ldirectord in its own tree with its own releases, but as
the main use for it seems to be in conjunction with heartbeat I'm happy for
it to stay in that tree. As for the sources that come with lvs, the last
time I looked they were quite out of date. I'd like to see them removed
from this tree and replaces with a pointer the cvs tree and heartbeat.

--
Horms