Re: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:50:07 -0400
Jeremy Kusnetz wrote:

> Everything seems to work okay with this new setup, ftp works in both active
> and passive mode when connecting to the server, except when trying to ftp to
> the server from behind my work's firewall.  When in active mode I just
> timeout when doing an 'ls' and I get a 'Connection Refused' when ftping in
> passive mode.

no great wisdom to offer I'm afraid. You'll just have to debug it with the
usual tools like you did with 2.2.16.

The timeout with ls in active mode means you;re connect request to port 20 is
hung,
and I assume the connection refused with the passive ftp means that there is
no listener at the client end (but not sure).

> Again, everything works fine when ftping from the same client behind the
> firewall to LVS servers that are still running my 2.2.16 and 0.9.15 version
> of the patch.

never upgrade until you have to :-)

> I know that the ip_masq_ftp module was overhauled for kernel 2.2.19.  I AM
> including starting the module with in_ports=21 for the new module.

fine

> Does this sound like an LVS problem with the new version, or a problem with
> the ip_masq_ftp module for kernel 2.2.19?

since you can get ftp LVS to work in one part of the setup, I'd expect
it's something else.