Re: ipchains filter rules for the SuSE FTP Proxy,

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipchains filter rules for the SuSE FTP Proxy,
Cc: ratz@xxxxxx
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:23:47 +0200
Roberto

only today, after my LVS is runnign so nicely, I have been looking at
setting up
ftp-proxy again on the director.

In your mail of 8 May you quote some of your ipchains rules.

You you please explain all variables you have in your sell script,
below, e.g.
$chain
$LOGIN
$SRCDEV
$SRC
$SRCPORTS
$DST
$DSTDEV
$DSTIF
$LOGFWD
$LOG

I know I could try to find out by trial and error, but my LVS is now
an active production machine at a remote location (colocated in a
cybercenter)
and I am somewhat reluctant to play with ipchains for experiments, if
it
can be avoided. The danger is that I lock myself out (because I
connect from
outside to the director) or that I inhibit normal LVS usage if I make
errors
with new ipchains scripts.

Alois