Re: RH7.1 / 2.4.5 / ipvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, NAllen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RH7.1 / 2.4.5 / ipvs
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:49:02 -0400
Nick Allen wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response, Joe.
>
> In my situation, the site I hope to serve with LVS needs to be accessible
> externally (obviously) and internally as it is used extensively by clients
> who are logged into the same network (albeit a different subnet.)
>
> Would it be possible to alter my LVS setup somehow so that this will work?
> Or do I just have to work something else out?

I assume for the internal people you want to access the real-servers via
the director (ie the setup functions like an LVS for them too).

In this case you setup another VIP on the director and point that VIP
to the services you want the internal people to access. This VIP will
belong to the local network. If you think of a VIP as being the access
point for an LVS, you setup as many LVS's as you want on the director -
they are all independant and have their own tables of connections and
services being controlled.