Syncing servers

To: "LVS" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Syncing servers
From: "Zachariah Mully" <zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:25:41 -0400
Hello all-
        I am having a debate with one of my software developers about how to
most efficiently sync content between realservers in an LVS system.
        The situation is this... Our content production software that we'll be
putting into active use soon will enable our marketing folks to insert
the advertising into our newsletters without the tech and launch teams
getting involved (this isn't necessarily a good thing, but I'm willing
to remain open minded ;). This will require that the images they put
into newsletters be synced between all the webservers... The problem
though is that the web/app servers running this software are
load-balanced so I'll never know which server the images are being
copied to.
        Obviously loading the images into the database backend and then out to
the servers would be one method, but the software guys are convinced
that there is a way to do it with rsync. I've looked over the
documentation for rsync and I don't see anyway to set up cron jobs on
the servers to run an rsync job that will look at the other servers
content, compare it and then either upload or download content to that
server. Perhaps I am missing an obvious way of doing this, so can anyone
give me some advice as to the best way of pursuing this problem?

Thanks again!

Zack