Re: [LVS tun]: ftp-datas running over director

To: Andreas Hartmann <andreas.hartmann@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LVS tun]: ftp-datas running over director
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:31:46 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I set up an LVS for ftp via tunneling (scheduling: wlc). The LVS is
> running, but there are some little problems:
> if the clients put datas on the servers, all datas are going over the
> director's interphase and are tunneld. I don't think that this is the
> expected behaviour. Or am I wrong? I expect, that the datas go directly
> to the appropriate realsrv.

        This is Layer 8 language, please use the LVS's Layer 4 one.
Decode "put datas". You can reach the real servers by their unique
address.

> The other problem is:
> If I do ssh eg. to the virtual IP 10.48.1.77, I'm connected to one of
> the realservers though I didn't configured this. Why?

        This should not happen. Check again.

        The recommendation for DR and TUN setups with FTP is not to
use other non-LVS services on the used VIP on ports >= 1024.

> Does anybody know, where the problem is? I had a testinstallation with
> 2.2.17 before this installation - and in test all has worked fine.

        Hm, the only diff between 2.2.17 and 2.2.19 is in the masquerading,
the in_ports=21 as option to ip_masq_ftp. But it is not used in your
setup.

> Andreas Hartmann

Regards

--