Re: Kind of Sticky Sessions

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kind of Sticky Sessions
From: "Bjoern Metzdorf" <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:32:27 +0200
>  I have run into a problem with the persistant connection flag, I'm
> hoping that someone can help me. First off, I don't think there is
> anything like this out now, but, is there anyway to load-balance via
> URL? Such as http://www.matthew.com being balanced among 5 servers
> without persistant connections turned on, and
> http://www.matthew.com/dynamic.html being flagged with persistance?
> Second question is this; I don't exactly need a persistant connection,
> but I do need to make sure that requests from a particular person
> continue to go to the same server. Is there any way to do this?

You could have a look at the KTCPVS, which implements a layer7 load balancer
in the kernel. But this is still alpha, so i would suggest, that you put the
dynamic.html on another IP, where you can use persistent connections. Or you
use persistant connections for everything, dunno if that is appropriate for
your setup.

greetings
Bjoern