Re: Antwort: Re: [LVS tun]: ftp-datas running over director

To: andreas.hartmann@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: [LVS tun]: ftp-datas running over director
Cc: " - *lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:32:09 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 andreas.hartmann@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > The other problem is:
> > > If I do ssh eg. to the virtual IP 10.48.1.77, I'm connected to one of
> > > the realservers though I didn't configured this. Why?
> >
> > *This should not happen. Check again.
>
> This problem is fixed now. I switched off forwarding, though doku says it has
> to be turned on.

        Yes, may be you can run DR and TUN with forwarding switched off
but it is not a solution.

> On the other hand, I put some more ip-options to the kernel and made a reboot
> of the machine. Now, this problem is solved. I added the following
> kerneloptions:

        May be only the reboot was enough.

> IP advanced router
> IP transparent proxy support
> IP ICMP masquerading
> IP Masquerading special modules support (all modules - but none of them are
> used)
> IP optimize as router not host
>
> I'm not really sure, if these options (which really?) have an effect to the
> solving.
> Could it be, that the switching off of forwarding was the answer? But I tested
> it before the reboot, two. Does this switch only take effect after rebooting
> or
> should it be enough to restart the NIC with unloading the module?

        Always use

        ip route flush cache

        after playing with device /proc values

        May be the problem is at another place but I can't tell.
You have to try all steps again to find the real problem. If you are
lucky you can find problem somewhere :)

> Thank you for your help,
> Andreas Hartmann

Regards