Re: Please Help

To: "LVS" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Please Help
From: "Bill Hatter" <bhatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:28:17 -0400
>your VIP is 65.x.x.x. Your client has to be at least a 65.x.x.x machine or
else
>in a network that can route to the VIP. For your setup, your client can't
be a 192.x.x.x
>machine. I pointed this out in previous replies.

I guess this is where I'm getting most confused. ALL computers with an
internet address should be able to route to my VIP of 65.88.136.61.

>That isn't true. Where do I have that, I'll fix it?

In reading section 13.2 Handling the ARP Problem for LVS-DR it reads:
        RealServers with Linux 2.2.x kernels

        The Loopback device does not arp by default for all OS's except Linux
2.2.x,2.4.x kernels

Since I have the VIP setup on the RealServers on the LoopBack device under
Windows 2000, then the ARP problem isn't an issue correct?

>yes. Just follow the Windows instructions.

I don't seem to have an ARP problem. When I attempt to ping 65.88.136.61 I
only get the MAC address of my Director.

Bill