Antwort: how can i setup the vip in windows2000. hurry!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Antwort: how can i setup the vip in windows2000. hurry!
From: robert.gehr@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:37:16 +0200
There is a thing called MS-Loopback adapter which is just a virutal device
under Windows that does not answer any arp requests.
Install that thing which should be on a Server Edition CD of WinNT/2000 and
assign it the appropriate IP Address.

Because MS would not let you assign a "x.x.x.x/32" netmask to it you will
end up having two routes pointing into the same net
Lets say your machines IP is 10.10.10.10 and your MS-Loopback IP is
10.10.10.11 then you will have two routes in your routing table both
pointing
to the 10.0.0.0 net so you have to delete the route that is bound to the
MS-Loopback adapter with a command like

route del 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.10.10.11 from the command line.

The above setup is using the DR scheme. If you want to do NAT it is a
different story.

Apart from this I can't think of anyone who has set up lvs in a hurry :-)

Best regards
Robert Gehr

"A ship in a harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"

web2CAD AG
Emailfabrikstrs. 12
92224 Amberg / Germany
visit: http://www.web2cad.com

                    l李小林

                    <xlli@xxxxxxx        An:
"'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
                    om>                  <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                         Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Robert
Gehr/GENIUS/DE)
                    24.10.2001           Thema:  how can i setup the vip in
windows2000. hurry!
                    12:01

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    lvs-users

hi,sir:
 anybody can tell me how can i use lvs in windows system?
my meaning is how can i set up on realserver which run the windows2000?
i want to use the linxu as director,windows2000 as realserver.

who can give me a example or anyway to hint me?
thank you very much! i'm in a  hurry.

Regards,

XiaoLin Lee
R&D, Ctrip.com