Re: Antwort: how can i setup the vip in windows2000. hurry!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Antwort: how can i setup the vip in windows2000. hurry!
From: Johan Ronkainen <jr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:53:30 +0300 (EEST)
[Charset iso-2022-jp unsupported, skipping...]

<robert.gehr@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Because MS would not let you assign a "x.x.x.x/32" netmask to it you will
> end up having two routes pointing into the same net Lets say your machines
> IP is 10.10.10.10 and your MS-Loopback IP is 10.10.10.11 then you will
> have two routes in your routing table both pointing to the 10.0.0.0 net so
> you have to delete the route that is bound to the MS-Loopback adapter

True with Windows NT4. However with Win2000 you can just configure high
metric value for loopback interface. I tried this about year ago with metric
value 254 without problems.

I think you could change netmask to /32 with regedit. Haven't tried that
with WinNT4/2000 tho. I've used that trick with Win98SE and it worked.

--
Johan.Ronkainen@xxxxxx