Re: LVS-DR and Road Runner (aka. Cable Modems)

To: Lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-DR and Road Runner (aka. Cable Modems)
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:24:14 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Bill Hatter wrote:

> We have two production Web/FTP Servers behind the loadbalancer. Our
> customers who try to access with Road Runner Cable Modems are having
> problems getting to our website. They get a "page cannot be displayed"
> error.

Can't imagine what Road Runner has to do with this but here's a few sanity
checks.

o can you see connections rotating through the realservers one by one when
you're using rr scheduling (try with lynx, telnet or ftp clients).

o the default gw has to be 33 for all realservers. It won't work
otherwise.

o is the httpd listening on the VIP (and not the RIP) on each realserver?

o is the DNS name of the VIP associated with the VIP on all machines.
(each machine should reply that it is the VIP/DNS_name_of_VIP)

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org