Re: Ipvs 0.9.3 : panic on heavy load.

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ipvs 0.9.3 : panic on heavy load.
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:10:43 +0800 (CST)
Hello,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Lionel Bringuier wrote:

> And I could see l L u U l L u U l L u U l u (lock). I repeat, that happens

I don't find a reasonal explanation of your locking sequence. In the real
situation, it must be more complicated, because mod_sltimer is not the
only user of __ip_vs_sltimerlist_lock. I haven't found any visiable hole
in the slow timer code now.

If you use ipvs tar ball to make the ipvs module, please apply the single
kernel patch linux-2.4.15-ipvs-0.9.7.patch.gz to a clean copy of kernel
2.4.16, then rebuild the kernel, and see if you reproduce it.

Thanks,

Wensong