Re: ipvs-0.9.8pre1 (Re: Ipvs 0.9.3 : panic on heavy load : SOLVED)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-0.9.8pre1 (Re: Ipvs 0.9.3 : panic on heavy load : SOLVED)
Cc: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Lionel Bringuier <lb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:18:46 +0100
On mer, déc 05, 2001 at 04:56:12 +0200, Julian Anastasov wrote:
> > I made 0.9.8pre1.diff (http://linux-vs.org/~wensong/ipvs-0.9.8pre1.diff),
> > which includes adding nat_icmp_send sysctl variable, changing to use
> > spin_lock_bh to guard data access between network softirqs and bottom half
> > in the slow timer handling, etc.
>
>       But is there any _bh change that is needed? There are so
> many _bh changes but I don't see one that is needed. If I understand
> correctly Lionel Bringuier, he never tried the plain IPVS, he patched
> it and makes some calls from user space?
Indeed, I need calls from user space in order to have my H323 crash-test
running.  I cannot try that with plain IPVS.

Nonetheless, what I experienced with plain IPVS is the lock I described with
a SMP-enabled kernel on a UP machine.

> > Please test it if you have time.
I'll do it... but not before a week or two, I'm a bit overloaded.

Regards,

LB.