LVS & squid for dummies.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS & squid for dummies.
From: "Palmer J.D.F." <J.D.F.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:02:58 -0000
Hello.

I'm about to attempt to set up my squid LVS, however I'm feeling a little
out of my depth.  This is mainly because there seems to be such little info
in LVS & Squid.

I'd be vary grateful if you could answer a couple of simple questions for
me.

What type of LVS should I set up for a Squd web cache (NAT,TUN,DR)?

This I suppose will be answered buy the previous question, but the requests
come into the Director and then load balance across the RealServers, then do
the replies go directly from the RealServers to Clients, or are they passed
back through the Director?
If the former, are there any issues with the client's web browser not
understanding why the response is coming from a different IP address?

Also what scheduling algorithm is proving to be most effective?

Many thanks,

Jezz Palmer.

Jezz Palmer.
Internet Systems Officer.