Re: Stability of ipvs-0.9.x

To: Rodger Erickson <rerickson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Stability of ipvs-0.9.x
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:49:15 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Rodger Erickson wrote:

>       Greetings,
>
>       I was wondering if anyone could hazzard a guess as to when
> ipvs-0.9.x is going to be considered "stable".  I'd prefer to go with 0.9.x
> instead of 0.8.x, but there are political issues in my company with rolling
> out something that hasn't been marked as "stable".  Some notion of timeframe
> would help me figure out if I have to prepare myself to fight that political
> battle or not.

        After we fixed some nasty bugs with the checksuming on PPro
CPUs in the recent 0.9.x versions we don't know for any issues. As
always, the latest (currently 0.9.7) version is the recommended one.
0.9.8 will come with some changes in the sysctl vars and may be
with some fixes in the kernel, soon or later. But we don't know for
any bugs in 0.9.7. May be some users successfully running it can
comment.

>       Thanks!
>
>       Rodger Erickson

Regards