Routing and Topology

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Routing and Topology
From: "Thomas Robinson" <tom.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:48:19 -0000
Hi

In the LVS-HOWTO I found this topology for LVS-DR. I'm curious to know
if each realserver *must* have it's own router? Can one use just one
router? Can the realserver run routing software on itself to achieve
this?

Also, may I infer from this diagram that each realserver must have two
NIC's? How many switches will I need for this configuration? I also want
to make a Database Server available for the realservers to access. (Not
in diagram).

Sorry for all the questions but I'm still a bit confused.

TIA

Tom
                       -------------clients-----------------------
                       |                         |       |       |

                    (router)                  (router)(router)(router)
                       |                         |       |       |
          _________    |                         |       |       |
        |          |   |    VIP                  |       |       |
        | director |---     DIP                  |       |       |
        |__________|   |                         |       |       |
                       |                         |       |       |
                       |                         |       |       |
        ---------------------------------        |       |       |
        |              |                |        |       |       |
       RIP1           RIP2             RIP3      |       |       |
       VIP            VIP              VIP       |       |       |
| realserver  | | realserver  | | realserver  |  |       |       |