Re: Compatibility of diff versions

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Compatibility of diff versions
From: "Victor" <victord@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:16:06 -0500
> Julian Anastasov wrote:
> >
> >         Hello,
> >
> > On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Victor wrote:
> >
> > > Are various versions of LVS compatible with each other? For instance,
if I
> > > want to test a 0.9.9 version in a 0.8.2 cluster, is that possible or
do I
> > > need to switch them all at once? When versions are released, is there
a file
> > > that perhaps informs whether the version is compatible with previous
ones?

> >         Yes, the user structure changes often and it needs a proper
> > user space too.
>
> I didn't realise what you were asking. Julian has said it all,
> but if you want it another way
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-7.html#ss7.2

No. Actually, what I am curious about is lets say I have two directors that
are running 0.8.2. Could I put in a third one that's actually running 0.9.9.
Suppose I have an Active/Active setup. Would there be any issue with two
directors running a different version of LVS. I understand that ipvsadm
needs to be updated, but that's not what I am concerned about. What I am
curious about is rolling in new versions into the existing group for testing
befor upgrading the whole group.

It seems to me that since every LVS instance doesn't really talk to other
instances, there shouldn't be any issue with one director running 0.8.2 and
another 0.9.9, should there?