Re: First Try..

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: First Try..
From: Dean Thompson <Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:31:40 +1100
Hi!,

Adam: Kurzawa wrote:

> I had the same problem some time ago. Just get a new kernet from
> www.kernel.org, patch it with the real LVS and recompile it.
>
> Just be careful with the file systems, if you elect to use ext3 (the
> default choice on RH 7.2) then you'll have to patch the kernel with
> another patch.  If you get errors compiling the code, have a look at the
> archives for this mailing list for the solution.

I could be wrong here, but if you go for a kernel which is along the lines of
2.4.16 or 2.4.17, then the ext3 patches should be present.  It will just be a
matter of compiling them into the system.  Make sure that ext3 is compiled
into the kernel and isn't loaded in as a module if your root file system is
ext3.

See ya

Dean Thompson

| Dean Thompson              | E-mail  - Dean.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |