Re: DIRECTOR_GW

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DIRECTOR_GW
From: Matthew Hollander <mah18@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:41:04 +0500 (GMT-5)
I have been wondering about this too.  My clients will encompass everyone
on the Internet.  I was looking at your setup from a few E-mails ago
and I was wondering whether I should set my DEFAULT_GW to the router
between the outside world and my director.

Matt

This is the problem that I have been having. I think the configure
scripts assume that your clients are on the same network as the VIP
(then you wouldn't need a DEFAULT_GW). If you put a default gateway on
your director, you should be OK, however, the configure scripts remove
the default gateway. A quick and dirty work around for now is to add
DEFAULT_GW=<your default gateway> to the "main" section rc.lvs_nat .

Good luck.

-Todd