Re: brainforce lbc is a lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: brainforce lbc is a lvs
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:30:19 +0100
Hi Joe,

> it's hard to tell if it's LVS or not. They don't say anything about the
> code. It does use modified Linux and it does use "real servers",
> "virtual services", "scheduling", "rr", "wrr", "lc" and "wlc".

We could ask them ;)

> Maybe these are standard industry terms.

Nope. There are no defined standard industry terms yet. But a lot
of people use exactly those terms. A generalisation is still out-
standing. I read the SLB (Server Load Balancing) book published
by O'Reilly last week and I was really shocked by the author's
little knowledge about general load balancing terms and networking.
But he used a lot of the terms we use. Hi's book deals more with
the 4 biggest commercial LB's.

> I wonder where you can get the source code to their modified Linux?

You don't, only if they modified the kernel. Then they need to publish
the patches I think. That reminds me that I still have to do that for
our software :)

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc