RE: upalert mon issue: OT

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: upalert mon issue: OT
From: "Michael Cunningham" <m.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:06:54 -0500
>I'm doing that exact method with lvs/mon/heartbeat with mon controlling
everything.  Mine didn't work at first b/c I ?
>forgot to include no_comp_alerts.  I see that you have no_comp_alerts
in your config, and AFTER the period wd
>{Mon-Sun} entry, which is good.  The only other things that comes to
mind are:
>1. I have no_comp_alerts listed as the first item after period wd
{Mon-Sun}.  I have no idea how mon parses its config >or if that makes
any difference, but there you are.  The man pages do mention that
no_comp_alerts is a directive of the >period statement.  Try moving
your's up.
>2. I have startupalerts_on_reset = yes defined in the global section of
the mon.cf file.  Could be this also.  I don't think >so, but you never
know.
>Paul L.

Thankyou for your suggestions Paul. Unfortunatly neither helped. I can
get it to
send a startupalert when mon starts, but I would like something specific
for each service
that actually checks to see if it is alive or not. startupalert just
says that mon started..
not that the service is actually there.

Anyone else have any ideas why an upalert isnt being sent when mon
starts
up and does its first checks of the services I have listed?

Thanks.. Mike