Re : lvsgsp & fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re : lvsgsp & fwmarks
From: "Alexandre CASSEN" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:09:31 +0100
Hi Mark,

sorry for delay steel very busy... :/

> I recently discovered lvsgsp, and started playing with it today.  In my
> setup, I have a bunch of normal connections, but also two persistent
> connections.  I have two questions & realize they may come across a
> little confusing or vague, so please let me know if I can supply further
> information.
>
> First, I was wondering how to call lvsgsp.dbcreate to create the initial
> db, and if the same syntax should then be used in the cronjobs.

dbcreate script must be run only one time to generate the data storing
schema... So do not call it in your crontab otherwise you will reset the
whole previous data stored...

Just run it one time during the installation process described into the
readme file.

edit lvsgsp.dbcreate and modify it to your needs... the scripts are only
samples.... their are not generics...

> Secondly, I was wondering if I needed a second, modified copy of the
> lvsgsp.daily/weekly/monthly scripts that call the lvsgsp -f X to graph
> each of the real servers.

just modify lvsgsp.daily to call lvsgsp -f for fwmark... and fill the
RRDTOOL database schema according to your needs.

Best regards,
Alexandre