Very strange behavior

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Very strange behavior
From: Hayden Myers <hayden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:40:26 -0500 (EST)
We've been using the lvs project for loadbalancing for quite some time
now.  We've experienced minimal problems until yesterday.  For some reason
our director starts routing traffic to only one of the real servers in our
pool.  ipvsadm output show almost all 0's for all servers.  Normal numbers
are around 400 active connections for each active real server.  We were
using an older 2.2.16 lvs kernel, and updated the system to a 2.2.19
kernel with ipvsadm 1.0.8 yesterday.  We did recently move our realservers
to a 2.4 kernel which may be something to look at.  We use the direct
routing method and the 2.4 kernels are patched with julians hidden patch.
Nothing but rebooting the director seems to get rid of the problem.
Clearing the ipvsadm table and reloading doesn't do much.  I just turned
up the debug_level to see if anything pops up.  Has anybody seen this
before?  Any suggestions on where else to look?

Hayden Myers
Support Manager
Skyline Network Technologies
hayden@xxxxxxxxxxx