Problems with Squid, LVS & finicky sites.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Problems with Squid, LVS & finicky sites.
Cc: WWWCACHE-USERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Palmer J.D.F." <J.D.F.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:02:06 -0000
Hi All,

Having gotten may Squid LVS to work, I unleashed it on a few colleagues to
test for me.
Within seconds someone decided to try their online banking www.hsbc.co.uk.
It seems that this site and undoubtedly many other secure sites don't like
to see connections split across several IP addresses as happens with my
cluster.
Different parts of the pages are requested by different realservers, and
hence different IP addresses.

How do I combat this?  Is this what persistence does or is there a way of
making the realservers appear to all have the same IP address?

Many thanks,
Jezz Palmer.

Jezz Palmer.
Internet Systems Officer.