Re: LVS doesn't work

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS doesn't work
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:52:18 -0500
Severin Olloz wrote:

> Hello together...
>
> I want to set up a linux-virtual-server system, but it dosn't work at all.

Setting up an LVS for a new person requires some new thinking on your part and
is
somewhat tedious and non-obvious. There are many ways of getting it wrong.

Our answer uptil now for people like you was to try to figure out
what you did wrong and set you straight.

However in the last 3yrs, substantial effort has been put into the HOWTO,
mini-HOWTO
and scripts (eg the configure script) to enable people who have minimal
understanding
of LVS to setup a working LVS. There is also enough information available
to setup an LVS by hand from the command line if you understand how an LVS
works.

I'd like to try a new approach to the "my LVS doesn't work" problem.

If you can't set one up cold yourself, then rather than getting
us to figure out what you've done wrong, how about you use the tools
we've provided to set up an LVS and then once it's working, setup
one your own way. If you can't get the scripts to work, then we'll
try to fix those.

Thanks Joe