Re: LVS Newbie

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Newbie
From: Malcolm Cowe <malcolm_cowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:56:23 +0100
What if the real servers were also configured to be part of an HA
cluster like SGI Failsafe or MC/ServiceGuard (from HP)? Put the real
servers into a highly available configuration (probably with shared
storage), then use the director to load balance connections to the
virtual IP addresses of the HA cluster. Then you have a system that
parallelises the database and load balances the connections. This might
require ORACLE Open Parallel Server (OPS) edition of the database, you'd
have to check.

Regards,

--
Malcolm Cowe.
IT | Technical Computing,    Telephone: +44 131 331 6466