RE: LVS Newbie

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: LVS Newbie
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:51:42 -0700
The critical thing is the Oracle database servers must
share one "single" log file.  The actual transaction log
maybe more than one, but all the Oracle servers can
only use same ones, otherwise the transactions will be
out of sync.  I have not talked to Oracle about this kind of
thing for over a year, but a year ago, Oracle told
everyone to use one large database server instead of
number of them, simply due to the transaction log issue.
They may well have changed that.