RE: [Keepalived] Release 0.5.6 available

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Keepalived] Release 0.5.6 available
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Alexandre CASSEN" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:22:07 +0200
Hi Matthijs,

>The problem is I use heavily patched kernels (latest RedHat
>7.1 kernel with SGI XFS patches) because I need/want IPVS,
>Tux and XFS at the same time. I once tried patching a RH
>kernel with a newer version of IPVS, but came to the
>conclusion I can best leave that to other people. Now I'm
>waiting for RH to upgrade to a newer version of IPVS.

Oh, OK.

>> Anyway, I will patch the autoconf/automake script to test
>> both : ip_vs.h & IPVS syncd support.
>
>Will that make this version of keepalived work with IPVS
>0.8.x? Or does that mean you stop supporting older versions
>of IPVS?

Yes the conf patch will support all the IPVS code even non syncd release
like 0.8.x.
But I have currently not enought time to quickly make the patch.

>By the way: from what RPM is ip_vs.h supposed to come?
>Copying it from the kernel sources like I do now is not
>the best solution. Am I missing some RPM?

In the keepalived compiling process, I assume that the kernel is properly
patched with LVS code so I assume that ip_vs.h can be found (but do not
check it since it is a requierment).

Copying manually the ip_vs.h can be done but need to copy the right ip_vs.h
according to the kernel IPVS code... This can be done in the autoconf
script verifying the ip_vs.h version number and a kernel call to IPVS
framework to verify the ip_vs.h is the right version to use with the
current running kernel.

Will try to find time to make this changes.

Best regards,
Alexandre