Re: LVS nat+tun+arp issue

To: Dec <dec@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS nat+tun+arp issue
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 13:08:17 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Dec wrote:

> This is all working very well, other than that there are some serious ARP
> issues in the DC#1 network, which appear somewhat randomly. There appears
> to be peak times when the ARP traffic is high, but traffic does balance to
> normal, ARP is not continuous. Still 6 - 40 Mbps ARP is too much..

        Very strange, this is the first time I hear for ARP
storms :) Can this be another router "doing ARP resolutions" by
walking your subnets. Can you try to look at these ARP packets
with tcpdump? Are they requests, replies, broadcasts, are they
related to IPs involved in the cluster?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>