Re: finding/calculating network using iproute2 tools

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: finding/calculating network using iproute2 tools
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:12:26 +0200
Hi Joe,

I added a subroutine in perl to do it. Are you still developing
ifcfg?

I'm working on it when time permits. I can shovel it over to you at OLS in 9 days. It's still lacking thorough support for VPNs and secondary IP adresses without labels. Other than that I've also started replacing route with a show-routes. ifconfig is almost completely implemented, route not yet, but it is showing the most important stuff and also table independant. No advanced policy routing is implemented yet. I'll send it to Alexey as soon as I'm happy with it.

On nasty problem I have is that whenever you would invoke ifconfig and the device you would configure already had an address bound to it, it would simply delete that address and set the new one. However this doesn't make a lot of sense with iproute2 since if you invoke the ifconfig with the same device but a different IP you might as well add a secondary IP address without a special label. I'm not so sure if I should copy the brokeness of ifconfig or go with the wave of new technology :)

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc