Re: Last LVS kernel patch and RedHat 7.2

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Last LVS kernel patch and RedHat 7.2
From: Peter Liska <pliska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:59:47 -0400
Hi, Charles.

I've found this to work well for RedHat:

- get the default .config file for the RedHat 7.3 kernel (I can send this to you if you need it)
- grab the 2.4.18 kernel from ftp.kernel.org
- copy your 7.3 .config over to the 2.4.18 source tree
- apply all the patches you need, config as necessary, then recompile.

(This may also work with your 7.2 .config, but I haven't tried it).

As far as I know, this is the only way to get a very-close-to RedHat kernel using the latest patches without conflict. We've been using it with excellent success.

Peter Liska