Re: Last LVS kernel patch and RedHat 7.2

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Last LVS kernel patch and RedHat 7.2
From: Peter Liska <pliska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:11:22 -0400
Yep, definately use the latest version. We had repeated problems with RedHat's "out-of-the-box" support for LVS. (ie, it just don't work well).

Charles: as the older LVS stuff is already included in the 7.3 kernel, no - you cannot apply the patches to that source tree. You can get a .config file from 7.3 (just run make menuconfig and exit to write the file), and use that .config with the 2.4.18 from kernel.org (patched, of course).

Like I said, if you're really stuck, I can send you a big fat tarball with all the source, patches and config to make a RedHat-like kernel that includes all the LVS code.

Peter Liska

David A. Sinck wrote:

\_ SMTP quoth Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó on 6/20/2002 09:32 as having spake
thusly:
\_