Lvs, packet sniffing and duplicate packets.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lvs, packet sniffing and duplicate packets.
From: davidb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:14:38 -0500
I have lvs setup to balance telnet connections using nat, also
I have the real servers interface on a separate subnet which
is not routable and a separate vlan then from our primary
network, which is not set up in our spanning tree to be
monitored by our sniffer. When we are packet sniffing our
network we see duplicate responses one from the director's
ip and one from the real server's. We don't see any other
traffic that runs over the non routable network only the
response from the real server back to the client. I would
greatly appreciate anyone's input on why we are seeing
these duplicate packets.

Thanks

David Bellar
JD Byrider Systems, Inc.
(ph) 317.249.3122
(fax) 317.249.3330
davidb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Proprietary & Confidential.  All rights reserved.  This information is
internal to J.D. Byrider Systems and is not to be disclosed or used without
prior written approval.