solving arp problem by using iptables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: solving arp problem by using iptables
From: "Le Van Thanh" <thanhle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:06:35 +0700
In the article "ARP problem with LVS/DR and LVS/TUN", the writer tell me a way
to solve the arp problem by using iptables by using the following command:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d <VIP> --dport <vport> -j REDIRECT
--to-port <vport>

Can anyone please tell me what this command does and how I use it?

I tried to setup an alias interface in a real computer( running http service)
with vip=10.70.75.4

and then I typed the command

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 10.70.75.4 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 80

But it failed ( I could browse the web pages through this alias interface).

Le Van Thanh
Hardware and Network Solutions Department.
Netsoft Co.
142 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Dist.3, HCM City, VietNam.
Tel: 9141130 ext 17
Email: thanhle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
       thanhlv@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit: http://www.netcenter.vn/