Re: ftp problem

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ftp problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Stefan Peter <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:20:15 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

First of all I thank all for your suggestions. However more and more
questions take shape in my head...

>       Normal/Expected, yes. Some loads don't allow the processes
> to work, you need a kernel space redundancy solution or faster
> hardware :)

What do you mean on "kernel space redundancy solution"?

> > 2. The measurement values were also interesting: on the distributor
> > machine I measured 26000 packets/sec, as long as on the RSs I measured
>
>       26,000KP/s is typical performance result with LVS
> when PCI is 33MHz. With 66MHz PCI you can achieve far more.

Does the scipt show_traffic.sh measure speed in packet/sec or Kpacket/sec?
(It writes out packets/sec.)

>       500K is too high value, it creates high load for the
> routing cache which is usually tuned for ... max 16K entries,
> there are some parameters to tune the cache management but
> I'm not sure it can help for such load. Try with small number
> of spoofed client IPs, 10, 1000, 10000.

I admit. I wanted to have a "real pressure probe". :-)

>       How much you need? There are no explicit limits. May be
> only in the hash table rows (there are 2 tables for virtual
> services):

32 perhaps. It depends on many things.

Thank you,
Peter Stefan