Re: 2 box LVS with HA

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2 box LVS with HA
From: Nenad Steric <nenad.steric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:39:06 +0200
Hi,

i got keepalived to failover a ip-adress from A to B,
and back again when A starts up.

So far so good -
but it does not loadbalance the requests.
when the IP is on A then i only get responses from A,
B shows some entries with ipvsadm - but it looks like it thinks it is the
director
and vice versa.

Is it enough to configure keepalived,
or do i have to do something additional ?
Like adding something with ipvsadm,
or adding a route ?
Like the default route to A on B which is normaly realserver 2,
that rc.lvs_nat would add ? (doesn't seem to help much, though)

Btw. Keepalived does not work with my RTL-8139 based Cards,
it only reports "ethx down".
I switched to some 3Com cards which seem to work fine.

Thanks,

Nenad

Alexandre CASSEN wrote:
Hi,

Or is there another way of building a 2 node HA-LVS ?

www.keepalived.org

Best regards,
Alexandre