Re: Why are servers that are down still active?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why are servers that are down still active?
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:56:36 +0800 (CST)
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 August 2002 16:35, Wensong Zhang wrote:
> > You need run some user-space server monitor, to remove the server from the
> > scheduling list or set its weight zero if a server is down. Or, you can do
> > it manually.
>
> Uhm... I'm using ldirectord from CVS and the weight *was* set to zero at that
> point :)

I saw that the weight was 600 in the your ipvsadm output.

After the weight is set zero, no new connections will be sent to that
server, but you have to wait that all the established connections expires,
before doing the maintance. The waiting time really depends on how long
users can those established connections. :)

Regards,

Wensong