Re: qmail question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: qmail question
From: nick garratt <nick-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:32:13 +0200
that is correct, yes. however, if you choose to have your queue directory on some network file system you will have to have one queue directory per realserver - these cannot be shared among servers. of course if there are issues with your fileserver then everything will break whereas local queue dirs will allow your realservers to continue to receive and deliver mail even if your maildrops become unavailable.

 > why would you want/need a shared queue ? you just need to ensure you
 balance your load equitably across the mailservers when injecting the
 mail. surely you just want your maildrops shared.

Suppose I there is one huge e-mail waiting in one of the real servers'
mail queue still under delivery and that real server crashes. In this
case first I must fix the RS (taking some time), and the mail can only be
delivered thereafter (in successful case). Am I wrong?

Regards,
Peter Stefan