Re: SSL Persistent Connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ryan.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSL Persistent Connections
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:03:32 -0400
Ryan Clark wrote:

> Okay, that's what I thought.  I'm having issues right now with that though.
> I'm able to have multiple SSL tunnels but the LVS only goes through to the
> 1st tunnel.  I'm using configure-lvs-0.9.2 to do the setup for me.  Would it
> be easier to just do it manually?

Hmm, I just looked at the changelog. The persistent bug was fixed in 0.9.0
so this shouldn't be the problem.

Are your clients coming from different persistence netmasks? ie are
they different IPs as far as persistence is concerned? (I assume they
are, you have persistence netmask=/32).

> Here's what ipvsadm shows:

> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.3 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  lvs2:0 wlc persistent 360
>   -> 192.168.0.11:0               Masq    1      1          0
> TCP  lvs2:http rr
>   -> 192.168.0.21:http            Masq    1      0          0
>   -> 192.168.0.11:http            Masq    1      0          0

For ports!=http everything will go to x.x.x.11. For http you're going to
have a collision between the rules for http and the rules for persistence.
I show an example of colliding rules in

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.8

Presumably the outcome of the collision is known by Julian and Wensong, but
I don't know offhand what it is. I don't think the result is part of the LVS
spec, so I wouldn't rely on the outcome being the same. If you want persistence
I would leave out the http rules.