RE: Favorite cert authority?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Favorite cert authority?
From: "Doug Schasteen" <dschast@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:53:21 -0500
www.ssl.com sells certs but their prices aren't much better. $249 per
domain. The real kick in the teeth is that you need a separate
certificate for not only each domain, but also sub-domains. So I have to
pay an additional $249 if I want to secure something like
intranet.mywebsite.com or mail.mywebsite.com as opposed to just
www.mywebsite.com. As far as I know, Thawte is still the cheapest, even
though they are owned by Verisign.

- Doug