Re: Favorite cert authority?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Favorite cert authority?
From: nick garratt <nick-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:09:01 +0200
cluster. This is only for one FQDN, by the end of next year, I'll need
to secure three more domains hosted by these servers... Perhaps I heard
wrong, but I had thought that I could simply get one cert for a domain
(in this case www.smartbrief.com) and use it on all the servers hosting
it in my LVS system, but the Verisign people said I needed to buy
licenses for each server in the system!

if you're using NAT you'll just need the one cert for, as you correctly state, its per FQDN. one cert works fine for my NATed cluster. not too sure what the implications of DR would be in this context...

all a CA is a trusted third party with the buy-in from the browser manufacturers. the tech is not rocket science either. could be anyone; there's clearly an opportunity for another operator.

nick