Re: scheduling separate persistent services

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: scheduling separate persistent services
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:37:53 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Horms wrote:

> > > if I setup http as persistent and telnet as persistent to the same VIP,
> > > are they scheduled independantly?
> >
> >     The theory is that the both virtual services are
> > independent.
>
> That is, unless you link them together using a firewall mark virtual
> service.

        Yes, in such case we have one virtual service. We should
fix our terminology :) For example:

- ipvsadm understand "virtual service" as list of one or many
service points (PROTO:VIP:VPORT), i.e. one PROTO:VIP:VPORT or
one fwmark which covers "something"

- OTOH, we understand under "virtual service" just one PROTO:VIP:VPORT

        Can we introduce "cluster", list of virtual services using
same list of real servers? I'm not about changing the code but the
terms :) Or you have a better definition :)

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>