Re: scheduling separate persistent services

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: scheduling separate persistent services
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:09:26 -0400
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         I like the "scheduling group", one client can connect to
> different virtual services part of one scheduling group. Or
> "virtual service group", containing one or many entries (fwmark)?

Have been away for a few days.

I like "virtual service" and "virtual service group".
I will put "virtual service group" "virtual service" and "scheduling group"
into the HOWTO and will explain them. Lets see which people pick up on.

>         May be simply "connection". For for persistence the
> term "session" containing many connections can explain the
> client-real server talks, something like "transaction" :)

both "connection" and "transaction" already have other meanings.
Of the two "connection" is best. I will put it into the HOWTO
with an explanation and a request for a better word.